Electromagnetic Systems' antenna test facility is part of DTU Electrical Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in Lyngby, 10 km north of Copenhagen.
The facility is operated in cooperation between DTU and the European Space Agency (ESA) and has provided ESA with accurately calibrated antennas for more than twenty years. Furthermore, we also perform antenna measurements for external customers on request.
The DTU-ESA facility's main activity areas are:
- precision gain calibration of customer standard gain horns
- precision calibration of near-field probes
- precision measurement of gain, directivity, phase, co-polar, cross-polar patterns etc for microwave antennas with diameters of up to 6.7 meters
- research projects on antenna measurement techniques
- maintenance of sets of calibrated standard-gain horns available on a loan basis to ESA projects